I’m a little maniacal about packing light, so every time I’m told I’m going on a trip, my brain automatically thinks of what to pack, whether I can fit it all in my Rebecca Minkoff backpack and how light I can go.
This is what I’m bringing for about 11 days to Japan, excluding what I’m wearing. I’m wearing Heattech on the plane, with a Uniqlo red sweater dress that I’ll wear as a top, my dark blue Levi’s jeans, socks and Timberland boots. Over the top I’ll be wearing a black coat that I originally bought from Japan.
- One white shirt from Muji
- One black sweater from Muji
- One black high waisted pair of jeans from Levi’s
- One pair of Heattech leggings
- Three sets of underwear
- Two pairs of socks
- A Uniqlo sports bra
- Innisfree Shampoo and conditioner for damaged hair, decanted into smaller containers
- Innisfree Curly Hair serum
- Tarte mascara travel size
- A plastic hair brush that I got from my visit to the hospital
- Travel size toothpaste (don’t worry the husband has the regular size one)
- Elf eyeliner
- Elf eyeshadow trio (all brown shades)
- Skin Inc Face serum
- belif moisturiser for face, sample size. Honestly a bit worried that I’ll run out of this but I’m sure I can pick something up over in Japan.
- Hand cream (I’m going to use this as body lotion too)
- Contacts – they’ve actually expired a month ago so I’m gonna try and use up as many as I can. Within reason. If my eyes start hurting they’re out.
- Toothbrush- one of the items I have yet to pack.
- Makeup remover wipes
- Apple Watch
- Engagement and wedding rings
- Possibly a necklace
Eating and Drinking
- A set of reusable cutlery and straw
- A reusable metal water bottle
- Melatonin pills to sleep better
- iPhone 7
- Apple Watch charger
- Portable charger
- A reusable tote bag – probably to dump the coat if it gets too warm and to chuck our purchases in
- Menstrual cup because yes, it’s gonna be that time again
The above bag I got from Taiwan and obviously isn’t the Rebecca Minkoff bag I wanted to fit everything in, because it was impossible to do so.